Mackay Library Service
Join the Library
Suggest a Title
Titles on loan:
Congratulations on becoming a member of Mackay Regional Council Libraries
Your library membership number is:
You can use this temporary membership number to reserve library collection items or access some online resources immediately.
This number will also grant you temporary access to Online Library collections such as eBooks, eAudiobooks and eMagazines, however this access will need to be reactivated once you collect your new library card as this will reset your account details. Please advise library staff if you have activated any Online Library resources.
To collect your library card, please visit any of our
of sign up.
You will need to provide proof of residential address using one of the acceptable formats of identification below:
Electricity or Telephone Bill
Letter from employer (where the employer pays the accommodation costs)
Payslip (with address details)
What you do you want to do?
Start using our
Search and reserve items on our
Register another member
If you have any questions contact us on 4961 9387.
Please contact the library to process your registration manually.
Conditions of Membership
I agree to abide by all Mackay Regional Council Libraries policies and conditions and:
- understand my library card is required to use library services
- will return items on or before the due date or check whether the item can be renewed
- understand loss or damage of library items issued on my library card are my responsibility and will incur replacement charges
- understand membership may be suspended if items are overdue or I have outstanding charges
- will follow lawful direction of library staff
- agree to report lost/stolen cards to Mackay Regional Council Libraries
- agree to notify Mackay Regional Council Libraries of any change to contact details.
To join, accept the library conditions of membership, and complete the registration form.Your library card will be available for collection at any Mackay Regional Council Libraries branch during opening hours. Bring one form of identification showing your current address (eg a licence, rates notice or bill) to collect your library card.For further information please visit Mackay Regional Council Libraries website at